Saturday, September 13, 2008

Game Day

Sorry there isn't any pictures. I just don't have time to wait for them to load. Anyways, the first game was a home game against Liberty Middle. Unfortunately we lost the first game. We all got to play in the game some and it was still really fun. The second game was an away game against Getty's. We had to take a bus there. The first bus we were on would not shift gears. Then we had to switch to a different bus that was working properly. We won the game against Getty's, but not everyone got to play. I got to play more in the second game, but when I went to serve I though the ref hadn't told me it was okay to serve and then at the last second I slowed my arm down. Needless to say the serve was ten feet from going over the net. During the game Norma went up to the net to spike the ball and fell on her hip. They had to take her to the Memorial Greenville Hospital. She is currently in a lot of pain and will not be allowed to play the rest of the season. She was one of the team's key players, but we will have to do with out her. During practice on Thursday we played the serving game. You serve the ball, and if it is a good serve you get back in line, but if not then you run laps until the game is over. The couches decided to play. At toward the end it was just me and Couch Solla. She missed a serve, but I got mine in. I probably served about thirty good balls. I am pretty proud of my serving arm. It has come a long way since the start of the season.

8 comments:

sheltiemom said...

Yaay Marianne!!! Good for you! You know womens beach volleyball is an olympic sport, a lot of people watch it. Just something to keep in mind!

Marianne said...

I am not planning on doing any olmpic sports. It is to extreme for me.

Jim said...

They have the indoor kind of volleyball in the Olympics too. I hope we can come cheer for you some time!

Marianne said...

Well, the volleyball season is over on Oct. 25th. If we decide to move up there then you guys can come to one of the matches and cheer. Granted that I make the High School team that is.

Ezzyelf said...

If you do that i'll try and come down for a game then.

Marianne said...

Yeah it would be cool to have the whole family come to a game!!!!!

Cathryn said...

I want to come too!!!

Marianne said...

Of course you can come!!! It wouldn't be much of a game with out you!!!