Monday, April 20, 2009

Dental Pain




I had to go get a baby tooth pulled today. It was my last baby tooth, and it didn't fall out because the permanent tooth that was supposed to push it out came in behind it. The novocain has started to ware off, and my gums are sore. The roots on the baby tooth were a lot longer than I had expected. I was also given a list of instruction of how to care for the spot were the tooth was pulled. Tomorrow I have to swish with some salt water. That will probably sting pretty bad. I also have to be careful not to get food in the hole where the tooth was. This one I don't completely understand, but I am not supposed to drink out of straws until the hole is completely healed up.

4 comments:

Hayseed Happenings said...

Those instructions DO sound a bit odd... Usually they tell you to stop using straws until it heals.

Ezzy said...

ouch. It shouldn't be to bad

Marianne said...

My mouth is feeling better today. Sorry about the straw thing typo. I NOT supposed to use straws. I fixed the post so it now correct.

Heather said...

I was going to say, no straws until it's gone, at least that's what i was told when my wisdom's were yanked. give or take a few days past the 10 days and you'll be as good as new!