Sunday, October 18, 2009

Dog Show


So this weekend Mom and I were entered in a dog show (Saturday and Sunday). The rally Course on Saturday was not a good course, and the signs were too close together. The first sign was a moving down, and I literally took one step to the sign. To make matters worse Gracie had already decided that she didn't feel like doing rally that day. When I told her to down she looked at me then looked around the ring and refused to down. The judge finally told me to just move on, so I did. Gracie stayed about two steps behind me the whole time and did everything else slowly and half heartily. When I left the ring I figured I had gotten an NQ, but some how Gracie got a 74 (barely qualifying). There were only two other people in the class so I got a 3rd place ribbon. Today was a lot better. Gracie did everything she was supposed to, and we took 1st place with a score of 97!!! We lost points because Gracie was a bit slow on some of the stuff, but all and all she did awesome today. (dogs that get a ribbon also get a toy)

3 comments:

sheltiemom said...

Hooray for Marianne and Gracie!! Excellent job! What a great weekend! I'm so proud of you and Gracie, I wish I could have been there! One more Q and Gracie will have her title! Way to go!!

Heather said...

Go Marianne! Go Gracie!! I will one day get out enough to see you guys in a class, if they allow spectators that is. I would love to watch you guys all show

Marianne said...

Of course you can come to a show!!! And yes they allow spectators. :)