Thursday, January 1, 2009

The Story of Noel




Well we have some VERY stupid chickens!!! Are hens are hatching chicks in the middle of winter due to the changes in the weather. Three chicks hatched on Christmas Day. Unfortunately The chicks can climb out of the chicken pen whether or not the door is open. Our guess is that the three chicks came out of the pen and got away for their mother. The mother freaked and left all of her chicks instead of trying to save some of them. When I went outside to feed the chickens and horses I saw the dead chicks and went back into the house to get some thing to put them in to get rid of the bodies. Two of the chicks were already stiff, but one chick moved!!! I brought the chick in and put it in a heating pad. As the chick warmed up she started to peek and run around. We saved a chick from a near death situation. Today the chick lives on!!!

8 comments:

Jim Warner said...

We expect to see lots of chicken updates on here.

Marianne said...

Ok Ok i will update weekly. Is that fair? I will also need some help comind up with the perfect name. Any suggestions???

mousefreek said...

So how come you need a name for the chick? I thought her name was Noel! :)

Funny story though! Crazy hens!!

Marianne said...

Mom did the title and the picture. I just did the typing. Honestly we don't know what we are going to name it.

Ezzy said...

I think Neol is a good name. Heather might have another suggestion,

Marianne said...

Yeah I do like the name Noel.

sheltiemom said...

Hooray for Marianne and her miracle chick! When you become a vet, can I have a discount on my vet needs?!!

Marianne said...

Well of course!!! No office visit charge and a 15% discount!!! LOL!!!